Tuesday, November 15, 2011

AEDM Day 15 - Tiny Buddha

This is my first page in my new handmade journal. I am going to title my journal "What I See".

As I journaled, I first noticed this little sculpture while out for a walk and I was delighted. I get happier and happier as the days go by because no one has lifted him :) Maybe they don't see him because he's so small (1"h)? Or he looks so quiet they don't want to disturb him? For whatever reason, I like when I see him...So the sketch started of a bit hairy. I don't usually use Fabriano watercolor paper and its quite different from my beloved Arches CP. Its alot more rough. So I began the sketch using a thicker pointed marker but I forgot that it not water resistant! So I continued on and then decided to use my thin Staedtler markers for color and , silly me, those are not water resistent either. I decided what the heck and put my brush in the water and figured I'll do my best! The colors ran quite a bit but I was able to control them pretty well, in my opinion. I added a little bit of watercolor here and there and got this done pretty quickly. Its 12 now and I started it all at 10:45... sloppy but quick. Thanks for stopping by and reading about my tiny friend.



Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

13 comments:

letitfly said...

Your sketches are ver beautiful. I am especially enjoying the transitions from black and white to color!

We Three 3 said...

Hi letitfly. Thanks for stopping by and for your comment!

Jamie Burch said...

I love this story and your artwork is beautiful!

We Three 3 said...

thank you Jamie! thanks for your visit and comment:))

Donna Mulholland said...

Love your blog and your buddha page made me smile!

We Three 3 said...

thanks Donna! Glad you like it!

ParisBreakfasts said...

Bravo!
Lovely beginning.
Did you read about Dianne Keaton's discovery of her mother's many notebooks(on NPR)
I wish I was better at doing this..

We Three 3 said...

Thanks Carol! Yes, I did read that on NPR. Sucha good article. I really wish I was better about journaling these days. I did, however journal thru the first year of my son's life. I started with the first sonogram picture and thru to his first birthday. After that its been all downhill.Oh well, its better than a baby's book, IMO. LOL!

Tracey Fletcher KIng said...

Great writing and pic and I am with you on being mucked up by changing papers... I am so in love with my arches HP and everything else just seems to take so long... nothing like the familiar sometimes but I know it is good to change it up and challenge myself like you are xx

We Three 3 said...

Hi Tracey
thanks for your visit. Yes, I was still doing a bit of grumbling this afternoon but getting used to is. I think however the next go around I'll try one with the Fabriano hot press:) Take care!

Nicole : Three By Sea said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog, Fran. Your illustrations are lovely and it gives me a lot of encouragement as I work my way through Betty Edwards' books!

We Three 3 said...

You're welcome Nicole! Its a terrific book:) I like your blog and etsy shops!

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Cool concept for a journal. Thanks for the tip on Staedler running. I´m exp√©rimenting with what different media can do and that type of hints is very useful.