Friday, July 18, 2014

a very little Lettering Tutorial


I put a post on FB in the ICAD community and I was asked how I did the lettering on this recent card:

( it's been awhile since I've updated this blog so I'm a little behind on my ICAD pics :) ) this one above is #42 I think....anyway here is how I did the lettering-
First write with pencil-
Then write it again...
Outline with 01 pen...
Fill in with 05 pen...
Add curly q's and stuff, then erase the pencil lines. Done🙌
 
Thanks to both Collette and Karla on Facebook for asking!! That prompted me to post this:)))  have a great night people! ...... PS here are some other pics of lettered art I've done recently---



 
 


Bye xxoo and remember:


Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

9 comments:

Karen said...

I LOVE lettering! Very nice to see how you do it, thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Hi Karen
thank YOU!

denthe said...

oh, this is great! I'm a bit of a letterfreak and I always get excited when I learn new ways to do it. Thanks for sharing! Love your quotes btw :-)

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for sharing your process. I can't wait to try it!

Özge Başağaç said...

Thank you for putting this little tutorial here. I loved your lettering and i will definitely try this. Putting text in artwork has so much potential.

Collette said...

I'm afraid I was such a pest last night & forced Fran into this tutorial, but I hope she didn't mind. I was so inspired by that one that starts "if light is in your heart" ... the letters just seemed to jump OFF the page ... Thank you again, Fran, for walking me through the steps to do this, I love, love, love it!

Ain't No Ninny said...

Love your lettering. I'll have to practice my own. (Denise Huntington)

Unknown said...

Ooooh! I am loving this. I really like your small tutorial and seeing all of your cards together is amazing!!!!!
xo

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your work. The lettering is so much fun, and your color choices are amazing. Blessings!