Thursday, September 29, 2011

Pages and pages

I had some creative time this past Friday and got to paint/draw, etc on old book pages. I'm using an old Peter Rabbit storybook which is in pretty bad shape.. Its great fun to try and I'm not throwing it away, I look at it as recycling.




I have been painting more in my own abstract style and getting so much pleasure from doing that. Its really freeing and incredibly fun. I am all for realism but those days are gone for me. It is so much less fun to paint that way, for me. I used to really enjoy it but became so incredibly critical of myself and wanted to find out where I can go with my art. Who knows where I end up!

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

6 comments:

painted fish studio said...

do what feels good! love your pages.

We Three 3 said...

Thanks for stopping by Jen:))
Guess what today it? MiniMart! I'm going over a little later, its nuts there! (as you know)

lori vliegen said...

it looks like great things are going on in this storybook! i definitely think that peter rabbit would be pleased!! fabulous, fun pages!! xoxo

We Three 3 said...

LOL! Thank you Lori.

Koosje Koene said...

Recycling is an understatement. These are great! The combination with the peter rabbit text makes it extra fun.

We Three 3 said...

Oh thank you Koosje! Appreciate your comment and thanks for visiting my blog:)