Sunday, July 10, 2011

Creativity Challenge day 2

Since I am so busy with my day job I am trying to keep things simple for this art fair. I thought I would just do quotes with a bit of watercolor and pen and ink...it started off that way but I took out my gouache paints and spent about 5 hours on this last night...so much for 'quick work' ...My goodness, art is so amazingly therapeutic. This was a meditation for me

I thought this would be fun to do. I have noticed getting ready for thi fair that I am worrying about what will sell. I have come to the realization that I should just do what i like and what makes me happy and not "work to sell". I thnk it will show in what I do. IMO.

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

4 comments:

painted fish studio said...

i completely agree! make what you love, and find joy in the making process. if it doesn't sell at the fair, then put it online and it's guaranteed to find a home!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jen! I will do that

Unknown said...

wohhh!!! I love that drawing! Great!
I have the same thing: sometimes I notice I fall for working to sell, but the dings I do just for love are much better! And sell better, too! So go for it...;-))

Unknown said...

Thank you Anke:)
I will go for it. I am very excited about the challenge too.